Action Against Hunger ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
Nutrition Assistants – 5 positions
Implement nutrition interventions at community level under the direction of the nutrition officer.
Mobilization and awareness raising about the organization, program objectives and activities to local authorities and the population, and act as a link between the organization and the beneficiaries (at LGA level).
Diploma in a nutrition or community based programming or related field.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Professional, good organizational capacity, good human relationships, motivated, open, creative, mature, responsible, flexible and, culturally sensitive.
- 1 year relevant work experience.
- Experience in the Nutrition and social approach – IYCF a plus.
- Microsoft Office Skills (Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Word).
- Willing and able to be based and travel regularly within remote areas, where services are limited.
- Fluency in Hausa, Kanouri and English.
- Commitment to ACF mission, values and policy.
- Good team spirit.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience with nutrition and health programming.
- Good knowledge of the intervention area/s and local economy.
- Previous experience with ACF.
- Previous humanitarian programming experience.
- Ability to Speak Hausa , Kanuri.
Method of Application
Applicants should submit their application by email to email@example.com
To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line, or on the application envelope. Also note that applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED basis and any application received without these specifications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.