Opportunity: Apply to be an AU Youth Volunteer in 2018
(SIX DAYS TO GO)
The African Union Youth Volunteer Corps (AU-YVC), established in 2010, is a continental development program that promotes youth volunteerism in Africa. The program aims to deepen the status of young people as key actors in Africa’s development targets and goals, enhancing their participation in policy development as well as design and implementation of relevant interventions towards the Africa Union’s Agenda 2063, ‘The Africa we want’. It brings people together to share skills, knowledge, creativity and learning to build a more integrated, prosperous and peaceful Continent driven by its citizens. The volunteering opportunities are intended to build professionalism and a sense of responsibility among the participants, thus enhancing their employability.
Young African professionals are recruited to serve for a period of 12 months as AU Volunteers in an AU Member State other than their own. The next intake of volunteers for deployment in 2018 will be from the 11th – 31st of July 2017.
Applicants have to meet the following criteria:
1. Citizen of an AU Member State living on the continent or the Diaspora;
2. Aged between 18 – 35 years;
3. Have a post-secondary certified qualification(s) (TVET, Bachelor’s degree or
4. Available in 2018 to dedicate 12 (twelve) months for volunteer work;
5. Willing to live and work in another AU Member State;
6. Is proficient in at least one AU working language (Arabic, English, French,
7. Has at least one year verifiable volunteering experience and one year
professional work experience.
Recruitment Process & Key Dates:
1st August – eligibility Check;
14th August: Successful applicants will be notified;
September 2017: Pre-deployment training;
2018: Deployment of trained volunteers.
For detail check: https://www.africa-youth.org/opportunity-apply-au-youth-volunteer-2018/
ONLINE APPLICATION LINK: https://goo.gl/rm4jnm
Dokitashub Team wish you the best…….